Applications and Approvals for Connection

You need to make an application or get an approval if you:

  • are connecting to our services in any of our communities
  • are building or extending a house
  • want to move or remove our pipes.

Please download and complete our application form , email to

Integrated Water Services – Application to Connect Form

For connections greater than > 80mm the cost to apply is..................$221.50

For a statement of available pressure and flow the cost to apply is....$125.28

Next Steps:

Once we receive your application we will assess your requirements and get back to you with a request for further information, a notice of requirements or our approval to connect. This process will take at least 21 days and may be longer if additional information is required.

When do you apply?

Why do you apply?

How do you apply?

If you're developing, subdividing or adding an extra dwelling on a property.

We need to ensure:

·  there are water and wastewater pipes to connect to

·  the pipes are the right size for the development.

Apply for connection a Water Servicing Coordinator may be able to assist you with this process

When you need to know the pressure in our water main.

You might need this information to help you design or certify one of the water connections for the building on the property.

Apply for a Statement of available pressure and flow 

If we don't have any pipes for you to connect to.

We need to work out if our systems can be extended to provide a point of connection for your property.

Apply to extend our water or wastewater system by calling us 1300 803 803 

When you want to change the level of your land and know this will impact the height of one of our wastewater structures.

We need to ensure:

·  we can access the wastewater structure to maintain our pipes

·  our structure doesn't cause any safety issues.

Apply to raise or lower our  network

When you want to change the level of your land and one of our valves is in the way.

We need to ensure we can adjust the valves on our pipes to suit your needs.

Apply for a Watermain Fitting Adjustment 


When do you need approval?

Why do you need approval?

Where can you get approval?

If you're excavating, demolishing or building on a property.

We need to ensure:

· your proposed excavation, demolition or building works will not damage our pipes

· we can still get to our pipes if we need to repair them.

Apply for a Building plan approval

If you're building close to or over our pipes, a Water Servicing Coordinator may be able to assist you with a detailed   assessment.

You also need to apply for if you're building an additional dwelling on a property or building a development, eg townhouses, villas, or commercial or industrial buildings.

When you want to connect to, or disconnect from, our pipes.

We need to ensure the connection meets our requirements when you connect your property to our pipes.

Apply to connect at

if you have a non-standard or large connection, we'll ask you to provide more information and apply for approval.

If we approve your connection, we'll send an approval letter or additional services agreement to you and the property owner.

If you want to move or remove our pipes.

We need to ensure there are no problems moving or removing the pipes as they may need to provide services to other customers.

Apply for an Asset adjustment approval. A  Water Servicing Coordinator may be able to assist you with this process.



If you want to connect a development that's more complicated than a standard house, it's a good idea to engage a hydraulic consultant. They can:

  • work out the best sized water connection and meter for your needs
  • design any pumps, tanks or wastewater equipment you need.

You'll also need to do a site assessment to determine any backflow requirements.

Apply or:

  • water connections
  • recycled water connections
  • wastewater connections

For all water connections you must provide


To support your water and recycled water connection application you must provide:

  • the property address
  • evidence the property owner has applied for ourcertificate
  • a site plan showing:
  • the building location
  • where you plan to connect to our water mains
  • where you want to install the meter. where the service will go and where it will enter your property
  • the proposed point of connection
  • nearby properties and roads


For all wastewater connections

  • total site  area
  • ground floor layout
  • proposed points of connection to our wastewater main.


Applicants are responsible for the cost of applying and making a connection. 


Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request

Our communities reduce costs, enhance liveability and set new benchmarks for sustainability.

Learn More

Powered by Zendesk