As a user of our sustainable recycled water system, you have some important responsibilities. Remember anything you put down the toilet, bathroom, kitchen or laundry sink comes back to our local water centre.
Some things are not meant to go into any water network, including ours, and can block the system. They can damage the grinder pump, endanger our workers and cause environmental pollution. Help keep our system as healthy as you can by reading our Dos and Don’ts on our website and outlines below:
Please DO NOT put the following into your toilet, kitchen, bathroom or laundry sink.
- Glass, metal, wood, rocks, seafood shells, kitty litter
- Cloth or synthetic material, nappies, socks, pantyhose, clothes, plastic objects
- Any chemical other than standard cleaning or laundry products, including toxic, caustic, acidic or poisonous substances
- Degreasing solvents or paints (water soluble or oil based)
- Explosive or flammable material including hydrocarbon fuels, paint thinner or anti-freeze
- Oils and grease, milk, food scraps, cooking oil
- Hair clippings
- Tampons, sanitary pads, condoms and baby wipes
Sink waste traps are easily installed in the kitchen and bathroom to help filter out rubbish so you can put it in the bin, rather than down the drain. If you are in doubt about what you can put into your recycled water system, please call 1300 803 803 and speak to our team, or visit your local community website.